Seven UK social media stars have this week entered the Squeaky House, the world’s first food creator house – a multi-million pound mansion on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset. The project is the unique concept of leading plant-based food brand Squeaky Bean.
The influencers, who are both vegan and non-vegan, will spend 21 days in a fancy country retreat – complete with swimming lake, cinema room and sauna – to compete in whacky challenges, break down their food beliefs and push each other to create incredible vegan meals live in front of a social media audience.
They will be given daily challenges and activities which could see them either rewarded with huge prizes or facing messy forfeits.
The Squeaky Housemates, who have two million combined followers and over 54 million likes on TikTok & Instagram, include:
- @morganmjames – musician and songwriter, Morgan M-James, has 681.4k followers on TikTok and over 7,000 monthly listeners on Spotify
- @elburritomonster – Oliver Paterson, 24, boasts 8.6million likes and 209.4k followers on TikTok. Oli is famous for turning just about any food into a burrito, accompanied by his own quirky songs, and causing a stir when Dominos recreated his ‘watermelon pizza’
- @gingerjessx – Jessica Hickey, 23, known as Ginger Jess, is a hilarious redhead from Essex, who has 704,000 TikTok followers and 14.3million likes for her comedy and lifestyle content
- @ylwsqr – Ylwsqr (aka Yellow Square) are an award-winning comedy duo and couple, Bec Horsley and Sam Bartrop. Both primary school cookery teachers, they create seriously funny sketches for their 149.3k TikTok followers
- @ashleysbowl – Ashley Morton 18, is a peanut butter and oatmeal enthusiast taking oatmeal to a whole new level for her 240.1k TikTok fans
- @ella_vegan – Ella Blake is a 21 year old vegan food blogger, who creates mouthwatering recipes and reviews the hottest vegan restaurants and supper clubs for her 21.3k hungry followers on Instagram.
Sarah Augustine, co-creator of Squeaky Bean – which makes tasty plant-based food including Chargrilled ‘Chicken’ Mini Fillets, Chicken Style Pieces and NYC Deli Style Pastrami – comments: “We’re super excited for the Squeaky House because we want to push people’s perceptions of plant-based food. We aren’t preaching to the converted, we’ve deliberately put a mix of vegans and non-vegans in the house so we can take people on a journey to discover just how delicious plant-based food can be.
“The Squeaky House is the first creator house of its kind, run by a brand and not a talent agency. We want to help these hugely talented creators to use their unique content styles to deliver a message to their millions of fans about vegan food. Plant-based food is what we do, so we know it’s easy to make, more exciting than you think and damn tasty! It might not be the traditional route but this is the marketing campaign that other brands wished they were brave enough to do.”
James Brooks, founder and CEO of Team Brooks and creator of The Squeaky House, says: “In a world of TikTok trends and dances, this is one of the most exciting social media industry projects of 2021. We’re taking seven of the most talented creators in the UK and putting them in an incredibly fun and creative house to genuinely try to change how people think about plant-based food.”
Set in a ten-bedroom luxury mansion in the South West of England, the Squeaky Housemates will enjoy an indoor infinity pool, natural swimming lake, games room, pool table, gym, sauna and steam room.
On entering the Squeaky House, Oliver (AKA @elburritomonster) says, “I can’t wait to meet everyone. Without knowing what else to expect I’m just excited about being there and chatting to the other housemates.”
However, when it comes to eating a plant-based diet for 21 days, Oli has a few concerns:
“Two years ago I tried to do Dry Veganuary. I probably shouldn’t have tried them both at once but I managed to be dry for the first week and vegan for the first two weeks. Three weeks will be the longest period I’ve ever gone vegan for. I do make a lot of vegan dishes but if I do either plant-based lunch or dinner my other meal will contain meat. Having everything plant-based will definitely be a new horizon for me.”
Oli has brought a big box of his tortillas and has promised to make his housemates ‘beautiful Squeaky Bean BBQ pieces burritos’.
The housemates will be joined by surprise guests including a chef who has catered for Middle Eastern Royalty, cook wood-fired pizza on a dedicated outdoor island, and use embers to char seasonal vegetables from the house’s own walled garden. They’ll also be tackling obstacle courses, grabbing for cash in a wind machine and showing their millions of followers how to win tasty prizes.
The housemates’ exciting new recipes will be shared across their own social channels, as well as Squeaky Bean’s, to inspire a plant-based food revolution.
To follow the action, tune into @squeakyhouseofficial on Tik Tok and @squeakybeanveg on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.