Shahi Chicken | Shahi Chicken Gravy Recipe | Hyderabadi Shahi Chicken | Shahi Chicken Curry Recipe | Chicken Gravy Recipe | Chicken Recipe | Chicken Curry | Chicken Gravy Recipe by Spice Eats
Ingredients for Shahi Chicken:
Chicken, large curry cut pieces with bones- 750 gms
For the marination:
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 3 tbsp
Onion-Red Chilli Paste:
– Onion, quartered- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Dried Red Chillies- 8
– Saunf (Fennel seeds)- 2 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
– Tomato Purée- 2 tbsp
– Saffron- 2 pinches soaked in warm water
– Fried Cashews, halved- 15 nos.
– Fried Raisins- 15 nos.
– Refined Oil- 4-5 tbsp
– Marinate the Chicken pieces with the items specified. Set aside for 30 mins.
– Soak 2 pinches of saffron in warm water.
– Dry roast the fennel seeds and dried red chillies in a pan on low heat for 2-3 mins. Set aside to cool. Peel and quarter the onions.
– Use ready made tomato purée and if not available, blend 1 big red tomato into a purée.
– To make the Onion-Red Chilli paste, add the roasted fennel seeds and red chillies in a blender/grinder and grind to a coarse powder. Now add the quartered onions and blend into a smooth paste. You can add a tablespoon of water if required.
– Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in oil one after another, take out and keep in a plate for use later.
– Heat oil in a kadai/pan and add the Onion-Red Chilli paste. Fry for 3-4 mins on medium heat till oil separates. The colour of the paste should not become dark.
– Now add the marinated chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 mins.
– Lower heat and cook on low heat for around 3-4 mins till the curd/yogurt is cooked, oil separates and there’s a red tinge in the curry.
– Add the Coriander, Kashmiri Chilli and Garam Masala Powders, mix and cook on low heat for 3-4 mins.
– Now add the tomato purée, mix and cook on low heat for around 2 mins.
– Now add 150 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is tender.
– Remove lid, give a mix and add 2 tbsp of saffron water. Let it simmer for around 2 mins.
– Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins. Give a mix and serve.
#shahichicken #shahichickengravy #chickengravyrecipe #chickencurry #chickenrecipe #chickengravy #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken