Anytime of year is great for baking sweets! But, during the holidays, it’s fun to mix it up with some new recipes. When you don’t want to make something brand new, consider a twist on a classic family favorite – cherry pie! Cherry pie pleases the palate any time of year, but during the holidays, the bright red color looks fresh and festive! For Disney fans seeking out a Disney-inspired dessert, look no further. Disney Family has a recipe for Tsum Tsum cherry pie. It’s adorable, sweet, and impressive. We have included Disney Family’s step-by-step instructions right here!
Note: The recipe mentions a downloadable template for the Mickey Tsum Tsum outlines – click here to download the template.
Tsum Tsum Cherry Pie
- 6 Cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Printable Mickey Tsum Tsum template
- 3 premade pie crusts
- 1″ mini alphabet letter cookie cutters
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Place cherries in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Whisk together cornstarch and sugar, and add to simmering cherries. Combine well and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture is thickened. Remove cherry mixture from heat and let cool.
3. Download, print, and cut out the Mickey Tsum Tsum template.
4. To make pie crust design, take one pie crust and cut half of it into 1/4″ wide strips. Then braid. On the remaining half of the crust, cut out shapes to form a Tsum Tsum face, using the template. It should be about 4″ tall.
5. Place your Tsum crust on another pie crust. Then use alphabet cookie cutters to cut our your favorite phrase around the Tsum.
6. Place the third pie crust on the bottom of a pie pan. Scoop the cherry filling into the crust. Create an egg was by beating the egg and water. Then add to the backs of the braid and Tsum crust. Place the crust with letters over the filling. Add your Tsum crust under the letters, and the crust braids around the edges.
7. Brush the braids and the areas of the Tsum that would be black with an egg wash. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool and serve.
More Disney-Inspired Recipes
When you finish this cute little pie, you may find yourself wanting to bake up a storm in your kitchen – Disney style. If you have come down with the baking bug, we have some amazing Disney-inspired desserts you’ll love, from movie-inspired recipes to authentic Disney Parks treats! You could try Gaston’s famous cinnamon rolls from Magic Kingdom, bake sweets (and savory dishes) for a Disney Plus movie night, or get fancy with some raspberry caramel chocolate cake from Disney’s Riviera Resort (because who doesn’t love chocolate?). If your cravings demand pie specifically, sample some sweet Mickey Mouse pie pops or whip up an apple pie from Whispering Canyon Café.
Will you be cooking a Tsum Tsum cherry pie? Let us know in the comments!