Homemade tahini plays up the earthy, toasty notes in the sumac-spiked marinade that serves as both a flavor-booster for the chicken and a delicious dressing to drizzle over cucumber-tomato salad. Perfect for enjoying al fresco!
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 4 serving(s)
- Total Time:
- 25 mins
- 1 c.
- 2 tsp.
finely grated lemon zest plus 11/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tsp.
- 1 tsp.
cloves garlic, grated
Kosher salt and pepper
small boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tbsp.
olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 6 c.
Persian cucumbers, quartered and chopped
- 1 pt.
grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c.
mint leaves, torn
- Step 1In large bowl, whisk tahini, lemon zest, honey, sumac, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Step 2Add chicken to remaining tahini mixture and turn chicken to coat completely. Let marinate at least 1 hour or transfer to resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Step 3Heat grill to medium and brush grates with oil. Grill chicken until instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 7 to 8 minutes per side (discard marinade from bag).
- Step 4Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together reserved tahini mixture, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water,
- Step 5Arrange salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and chicken on platter. Drizzle with tahini dressing and sprinkle with mint.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): About 625 calories, 40.5 g fat (7.5 g saturated), 208 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 4.5 g sugar (1.5 g added sugar), 49 g protein
Did you make this recipe? Comment below!
Tina (she/her) is the food producer of the Hearst Lifestyle Group. She comes to Hearst with 10 years experience in the world of food styling for editorial, digital and television platforms. When she’s not cooking in her tiny Brooklyn kitchen, she can be found enjoying a beer at a local brewery, hiking in a national park or enjoying an afternoon at the beach.